Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Down the Rabbit Hole: My Decision to Apply to the Disney College Program

Every Disney fan has played with the thought of working at Disney World. I always wondered what it would be like to work for that WONDERLAND we call Disney World and I debated for a long time whether or not to apply for the Disney College Program. I was concerned that working for Disney or even having a Disney application rejected would be like throwing stones in the glass building of fantasy, imagination, magic, and youth that I’ve lived in my whole life.  After visiting Disney and seeing all the wonderful opportunities cast members have, and hearing from friends and co-workers about their unforgettable Disney College program experience, my consideration of the Disney College Program increased – I became CURIOSER and CURIOSER.


At this point in my life, I already completed my bachelor’s degree from Binghamton University in 2012 and was currently pursuing a master’s degree in higher education administration part-time in Stony Brook University’s online program. I had also already started working full-time as a Residence Hall Director at SUNY Cortland, a job that I worked very hard for. I was quickly running out of opportunities to work for Disney and the risk of leaving my current professional field was growing. Finally my eagerness and excitement was CONTRARY-WISE to my fear of taking a risk for something I love. I fell, well more like jumped into the Disney College Program RABBIT HOLE. I looked at the application and READ THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS AND DIRECTLY I WAS DIRECTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.


No comments:

Post a Comment